"The infidels should not think that they can get away from us. Prepare against them whatever arms and weaponry you can muster so that you may terrorize them." [Qur’an 8:59]
A most important aspect of Human Rights issues is the right to freedom of religion, which entails that society must show respect and tolerance toward the religions of all its people.
Despite whatever claims are made, it is incorrect to say that Islam teaches respect for the religious beliefs of non-Muslims. Islam indeed says, “to respect the beliefs of others means to respect kufr and shirk. This is totally unacceptable to Allah.”
Firstly, let us not be fooled by the term “freedom of religion”. There is no absolute “freedom of religion”. There is not a single state on earth that grants its citizens absolute freedom of religion. Even though such clauses appear in the constitutions of many States, it is a relative term. Should anyone’s personal religious convictions and practices conflict with the interests of the state, then such religious practices will be outlawed. Just as every other state on earth gives preference to its own interests over the religious convictions of any citizen, similarly too does the Islamic state give preference to its own religious objectives. An Islamic state is established with the sole purpose of establishing the “Deen of Allah on Allah’s earth”. The prime objective is to entrench Islam in all the lands. So should any individual’s personal interests be in conflict with this objective, preference will obviously be given to the Deen-e-Islam (Religion of Islam)! The Islamic State is solely established for the Deen, and not for any particular individual or group. This will apply to even Muslims. Should their personal ideals be in conflict with that of Islam, then the ideals of Islam would reign supreme!
The recent explosion of violent demonstrations across the world by the Islamist against the Mohammad movie or even to some cartoon strips of Muhammad published way back in a small local paper raises some very important questions?
- If Islam is a religion of peace, then how does so much violence, arson and destruction of public and private properties demonstrate that?
- If Muhammad was a holy prophet of peace, then is killing people in his name and in the name of his god is the best way to illustrate that?
- And if publishing cartoons or movie character of depicting Muhammad as a blood thirsty womanizer is offensive, then what about the many hundreds of cartoons published regularly in Arab media throughout the Middle East and other Islamic States, that depict Jews as blood thirsty, hook nosed oppressors seeking world domination?
- Or can the worldwide Muslim protests, riots, burning of flags, etc be described as “spontaneous” when those incidents they are reacting to are just works of people’s arts who just want the world to know about?
- And how “spontaneous” are the Islamic riots and demonstrations, which have a supply of American/Danish/Israeli flags in remote Middle Eastern and Asian capitals?
- Are those peoples, organizations and publications, which are so indignantly criticizing the Danish cartoons, speaking out as forcibly against the anti-Semitic and anti-Christian articles, cartoons and movie, regularly prominent in Muslim media worldwide?
For example, one cartoon, which won a national prize in 2003, depicted the Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon eating the head of a Palestine baby with a city burning in the background. The prize-winning cartoonist depicts Sharon saying: “What’s wrong? Haven’t you seen a politician kissing a baby?” As far as can be determined, no Jewish mobs rioted anywhere in the world in reaction to that highly offensive cartoon.
When a journalist concerned that people reading of the violence and destruction caused by Muslim protestors worldwide might conclude that Islam wasn’t peaceful, he wrote: “It isn’t for us to identify what true Islam should be. But why not listen to the several million Muslims now encircling the Ka’aba in Mecca? They are not obsessing about Jews, Christians or Al-Qaida… They are focused on personal salvation, repentance and prayer…”
Interestingly enough, that very week, film clips were broadcast of Muslim pilgrims in Mecca shouting: “Death to America, the great Satan!” Here is a transcript of this Hajj in Mecca, broadcasted on Iranian T.V 9 January 2006:
Crowd: “Israel is the enemy of Allah.”
Man: “May the hands of the infidels be chopped off.”
Crowd: “May the hands of the infidels be chopped off.”
Man: “Chopped off from the land of the believers.”
Crowd: “From the land of the believers.”
Man: “Death to America!”
Crowd: “Death to America!
Man: “Death to Israel!”
Crowd: “Death to Israel! Death to America!”
Man: “Death to America!”
Crowd: “Death to Israel! Death to America! Death to Israel!”
Man: “ All together now: Death to America! Death to Israel!
Crowd: “Death to America! Death to Israel! Death to America! Death to Israel!”
Crowd: “Allah akbar! Allah akbar! Allah akba!”
Karachi Temple destruction: Great acts of Islamic tolerance
(So, peaceful Muslims are peacefully at ease with it)
The chanting led into an inflammatory speech including encouragement to produce and use nuclear and chemical weapons to destroy the great satan, “The American and British governments!”
One wonders whether any of those outraged by the Danish cartoons would consider these chants during the Hajj in Mecca as “hate speech”? Others have questioned why similar widespread Islamic outrage has not been expressed over Muslims flying hijacked commercial airliners into office buildings in New York’s World Trade Center. Or why Muslims worldwide didn’t protest when school girls in Saudi Arabia were prevented from escaping from a burning building because they did not have on the mandatory veil? How many Muslims protested worldwide when Muslim mobs cut the heads off three teenage Christian girls on their way to school in Indonesia, all in the Name of Allah? How much Islamic outrage has there been when Muslims murdered tourists with car bombs outside cafés and hotels in Egypt? Or when Muslims, in the name of Allah, slaughtered hundreds of children and teachers in Beslen, Russia? Or the firing of rocket propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel? How many protests were held worldwide over Muslim terrorists murdering more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and buses? Or how many Muslims protested against the Mumbai Killings in which some 168 innocent people perished and even some were holed up in the Taj Mahal Hotel. All in the name of Islam and Allah!
These past few weeks, Pakistan is observing vastly religious intolerance. Many are killed in the name of false beliefs! One sect kills the other sect peoples and so on. The Talibanization is in process…
Minority is the biggest loser in this war of hatred, as Islamic zealots go on rampage and killing sprees! Just last week a Hindu Temple (Mandir) was razed to the ground by Islamic miscreants in the garb of land grabbing an issue, which is common Pakistan.
Just a few of the headlines one gets to read and hear about Islamic hatreds:
- Religious intolerance: Ahmadi graves vandalised in posh Lahore neighbourhood
- Over 100 Ahmadi graves desecrated in Lahore
- Hindu mandir controversy: Despite evidence, military official denies temple demolition
- Khatme Nabuwat Conference calls for restrictions on Ahmadi community
- Religious intolerance on the rise worldwide, says US report
Surly such actions are far more offensive than some mere cartoons or movie characters?
Well, actions speak far louder than words!